Website Privacy Statement
Effective September 20, 2021
This policy outlines the information we obtain and how we use that information when you use our websites.
Your privacy is important to you and to us. We understand you might have questions about the types of personal information we obtain and how we use that information. If so, we hope that this Privacy Statement will answer your questions (and, if it doesn’t, you can contact us here). By using our websites, you agree to allow us to collect and use information as described in this Privacy Statement.
When This Privacy Statement Applies
This Privacy Statement applies to information collected when you use the HomeAware or Ubiety Technologies, Inc. websites (“we,” “us,” and “our”).
Where We Get Information
What Information We Collect
The information we collect includes:
- Contact information, such as names, street addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers if you provide these to us;
- Unique and online identifiers like IP addresses and device identification numbers;
- Customer Support information, including information provided through our “contact us” addresses or customer support tools, or content and other data posted on our websites;
- Employment Information you submit in connection with a career opportunity with us, such as a job application or resume;
- Location Information, subject to the settings on your device or web browser.
- Electronic Network Activity Information from cookies(1) and other automated technologies that collect information about the date and time of access to our website and other information like Internet Service Providers, and devices, operating systems, and web browsers used to access our website and track how you use our website as well as the web addresses of the sites you come from and go to next.
How Information is Protected
Our websites are intended for use only in the United States of America, and all of our information is stored in the United States. We use encryption and other appropriate, industry-standard security controls. We limit access to your personal information within our company to only those with jobs requiring such access, and train our employees on the importance of privacy and security.
How Information is Used
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide our websites, products, or services to you;
- Provide our websites, products, or services to you;
- Personalize your experience with our websites, products, or services;
- Identify and authenticate you so you can access content and use our websites, products, or services;
- Allow you to save and share content through our websites, products, or services;
- Communicate with you and provide customer support;
- Perform analytics (including market and consumer research and trend analysis), but only after we have aggregated or anonymized the information;
- Manage recruitment efforts, employee onboarding, and for other HR purposes;
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our websites, products, or services; developing new websites, products, or services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of communications; and performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and other internal functions);
- Detect and prevent fraud and other criminal activity; and
- Comply with and enforce legal requirements and relevant industry standards and policies.
We also may use the personal information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
How Information is Shared
We do not share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the activation and delivery of our websites, products, or services without asking you first. And we never rent or sell our customer lists. We may share your information with:
- Service providers who we hire to help us provide our websites, products, or services (like our third-party billing service) or for a business purpose like auditing, compliance, fixing bugs, or detecting security incidents. Our service providers are prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than performing the service they have been hired to perform;
- Government, law enforcement, or regulators, in response to a request, if required by law or legal process, upon your consent, or as necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss;
- Those who the law requires us to share information with (for example, if we receive a subpoena or court order), or who are necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our customers, the public, or us;
- Operating systems and platforms on your own electronic devices;
We may share non-personal information in an aggregated, anonymized form for various purposes.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Notice to California Residents
California law grants its residents certain rights, including in some instances the right to know what categories of information and specific information about them has been collected and/or shared, the right to obtain that information, the right to request that information be updated or corrected, and the right to request that certain information be deleted. We will make reasonable efforts to honor these requests – regardless of where you live – although we may not be able to delete information that is necessary to provide our goods and services, detect security incidents, or for other business or legal purposes. Please contact us using one of the methods below to exercise any of your privacy rights. Please note that we must take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to such requests. We will not discriminate against you for invoking any of your privacy rights.
As is discussed in more detail above, we collect the following categories of "personal information" as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act: (1) identifiers; (2) commercial information; (3) internet or other electronic network activity information; (4) geolocation data; (5) audio electronic and visual information; (6) professional or educational information (if you seek employment with us); and (7) inferences drawn from this information. We disclose this information for the following “business purposes,” as defined by the CCPA: (1) auditing; (2) detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible; (3) debugging to identify and repair errors; (4) performing services on behalf of the business; and (5) undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
Web Site Data Collection Notice:
We do not knowingly allow other parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party web sites when you use our websites and services.
“Do Not Track” Notice:
Because the providers of “do not track” and similar signals do not yet operate according to common, industry-accepted standards, we currently do not respond to those signals. For more information on "Do Not Track", please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Policies for Children
Our websites, products, and services are intended for use by adults. Our websites, products ,and services are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect or store personal information from children under the age of 13.
Updates to our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a notice on our websites to notify you of material changes and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was last updated.
If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions related to our privacy practices, or would like us to update information we have about you or exercise any other privacy rights, you may email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us directly at:
Ubiety Technologies Inc., C/O General Counsel’s Office, 625 W. Adams, 19th Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60661.
(1) In life, a cookie is delicious. In computing, a cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your
computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows the site to recognize your browser.
Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences, and other information. You may be able to adjust your browser
website features or services without cookies.