Beta User Privacy Statement
Effective May 6th, 2022
Your privacy is important to you and to us. We understand you might have questions about the types of personal information we obtain, how we use that information, and what choices you have about the use of your information.
Welcome to the HomeAware Beta User Privacy Statement, provided by Ubiety Technologies Inc. (“HomeAware,” “Ubiety,” “we,” “us,” and “our”). Your privacy is important to you and to us. We understand you might have questions about the types of personal information we obtain, how we use that information, and what choices you have about the use of your information. If so, we hope that this Privacy Statement will answer your questions (and, if it doesn’t, you can contact us at the address below). By using our Products or Services, you agree to allow us to collect and use information as described in this Privacy Statement.
When This Privacy Statement Applies
This Privacy Statement applies to information collected when you use the HomeAware sensor and any other hardware (“Products”) and HomeAware Web and Mobile Apps (“Services”). Please share the information in this Privacy Statement with your family members and guests whose information may be collected. Or, better yet, send it to them and they can review our Privacy Statement themselves.
Where We Get Information
We collect information directly from you, for instance when you register with us and when you use our Products or Services. We also may collect information about you from other sources, such as from other HomeAware users who provide us with information about you when they use our Products or Services. We collect information about what happens within the HomeAware Protected Area (“Protected Area”) of a home. We also use common technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about our users, administer our website, and analyze trends about how our Products or Services are used.
What Information We Collect
The information we collect includes:
- Contact information, such as names, street addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Account information, like username and password and payment and service history;
- Financial information that you provide for billing purposes, like payment card details which are collected and stored by our third-party payment processor on our behalf;
- Product setup and technical information that is provided when you’re installing or using your HomeAware sensor, such as the boundaries that you set for your Protected Area, your home WiFi network information and signal strength, your sensor’s model and serial number, your sensor’s power status and WiFi connectivity, and any error messages from your sensor;
- Electronic device information for any electronic devices that enter a Protected Area, like device type, host name, carrier, previous WiFi networks visited, and permanent or temporary identification numbers, location information for the devices that are in the Protected Area as well as the time periods those devices are in the Protected Area, and other metadata (not including the content of any communications sent by a person) emitted by electronic devices;
- Customization information that you give us to personalize your HomeAware experience, including information that you provide about devices entering into Protected Areas (like the names or phone numbers associated with those devices), the contact information for your emergency contacts, and information you allow us to access from your phone (like your contacts or photos) or from third party service providers that you choose to integrate with HomeAware (like home camera video feeds or alarm status notifications);
- Usage information that is created when you communicate within the App (like messages with other users or to law enforcement), respond to our notifications, or otherwise interact with the App or website, including geolocation information if you choose to allow us access to your location services when you are using the App;
- Third Party Account Information if you are participating as part of a third party business partnership designed to test HomeAware’s integration with an alarm dealer or alarm monitoring company, the third party may provide information such as your name or alarm status for the purpose of evaluating HomeAware’s effectiveness;
- Customer Support information, including information provided through our “contact us” addresses or customer support tools, or content and other data posted on our official social media pages; and
- Web Browsing & Mobile App Information from cookies and other automated technologies that collect information about the date and time of access to our website and App and other information like the IP addresses, Internet Service Providers, and devices, operating systems, and web browsers used to access our website and App and track how you use our website and App as well as the web addresses of the sites you come from and go to next.
HomeAware is intended for personal household use. Data protection and privacy laws in your state may impose certain responsibilities on you and your use of HomeAware. You (not HomeAware) are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any applicable laws when you use HomeAware. For example you may need to display a notice that alerts visitors to your home that you are using HomeAware and to obtain their explicit consent.
How Information is Protected
The HomeAware sensor is intended for use only in the United States of America, and all of our information is stored in the United States. We use encryption and other appropriate, industry-standard security controls. We limit access to your personal information within our company to only those with jobs requiring such access, and train our employees on the importance of privacy and security. You can also help protect your information by keeping your mobile device secure, choosing a strong password and changing your password often, not sharing your username or password with anyone, and avoiding unknown or untrusted WiFi networks.
How Information is Used
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide our Products or Services to you and other HomeAware users;
- Establish and manage your account and profile;
- Personalize your experience with our Products or Services;
- Identify and authenticate you so you can access content and use our Products or Services;
- Allow you to save and share content through our Products or Services;
- Communicate with you and provide customer support;
- Enhance your interaction with certain third-party products or services (for example, to enable you to view content from your home alarm or video feed, or allow your alarm provider to more efficiently respond to events at your home);
- Perform analytics (including market and consumer research and trend analysis);
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our Products or Services; developing new Products or Services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of communications; and performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and other internal functions);
- Detect and prevent fraud and other criminal activity; and
- Comply with and enforce legal requirements and relevant industry standards and policies.
We also may use the personal information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
How Information is Shared
We do not share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the activation and delivery of our Products or Services without asking you first. And we never rent or sell our customer lists. We may share your information with:
- Service providers who we hire to help us provide our Products or Services (like a third-party billing service or marketing providers), Third Party Business Partners with whom we are jointly offering Products or Services, or for a business purpose like auditing, compliance, fixing bugs, adding you to and removing you from communications lists, or detecting security incidents. Our service providers are prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than performing the service they have been hired to perform;
- HomeAware owners will be able to see information about devices that enter their Protected Areas. Authorized users of the HomeAware App with whom owners share a Protected Area (for example, other members of a household who have installed the App and have the appropriate permissions) may see the same names, photos, notifications, and other account-related information that owners see; other users of the HomeAware App who do not share a Protected Area may also see information if a device that was in one Beta User’s Protected Area enters another Beta User’s Protected Area;
- Individuals who you have agreed should receive your information, like persons designated in your emergency contact list or emergency responders;
- Government, law enforcement, or regulators, in response to a request, if required by law or legal process, upon your consent, or as necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss;
- Those who the law requires us to share information with (for example, if we receive a subpoena or court order), or who are necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our customers, the public, or us;
- Operating systems and platforms on your own electronic devices;
- Other Apps or third party service providers that you choose to allow to integrate with our App;
- Social networks you choose to use with our App.
We may share aggregated and anonymized information for various purposes, including to raise awareness about crime trends, or to demonstrate how HomeAware is being used by customers.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
As a HomeAware Beta User, you agree that we may maintain the information collected through your use of our Products and Services indefinitely for our research and development and other legitimate business purposes. If you do not want your information to be used for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, or would like your information deleted, you must withdraw from the Beta User program by contacting us at the address listed below and requesting that your information be deleted. We will attempt to comply with your request, unless we have to maintain your information for business, legal, or tax purposes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in the communications you receive. We do need to send you certain communications about our Products and Services, and you will not be able to opt out of those communications (for example, billing information).
Website Data Collection Notice:
We do not knowingly allow other parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our websites and services.
“Do Not Track” Notice:
Because the providers of “do not track” and similar signals do not yet operate according to common, industry-accepted standards, we currently do not respond to those signals. For more information on "Do Not Track", please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Policies for Children
Our Products and Services are intended for use by adults. Our Products and Services are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect or store personal information from children under the age of 13.
Notice to California Residents
California law grants its residents certain rights, including in some instances the right to know what categories of information and specific information about them has been collected and/or shared, the right to obtain that information, the right to request that information be updated or corrected, and the right to request that certain information be deleted. We will make reasonable efforts to honor these requests – regardless of where you live – although we may not be able to delete information that is necessary to provide our goods and services, detect security incidents, or for other business or legal purposes. Please contact us using one of the methods below to exercise any of your privacy rights. Please note that we must take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to such requests. We will not discriminate against you for invoking any of your privacy rights.
As is discussed in more detail above, we collect and may disclose the following categories of "personal information" as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act: (1) identifiers; (2) age, gender, or other protected classifications (if you share this information by responding to a survey or as part of participating in our Beta program); (3) commercial information; (4) internet or other electronic network activity information; (5) geolocation data; (6) audio electronic and visual information; (7) professional or educational information (if you seek employment with us or as vendor or business partner of ours); and (8) inferences drawn from this information. We disclose this information for the following “business purposes,” as defined by the CCPA: (1) auditing; (2) detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible; (3) debugging to identify and repair errors; (4) performing services on behalf of the business; and (5) undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
Updates to our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a notice on our website and App to notify you of material changes and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was last updated.
If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions related to our privacy practices, or would like us to update information we have about you or exercise any other privacy rights, you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us directly at:
Ubiety Technologies Inc., 2045 W. Grand Ave., Suite B, PMB 93662, Chicago, Illinois 60612-1577.