Beta User Field Trial Consent
Effective June 28th, 2022
Beta User Field Trial Consent Form
Please read the entire form before agreeing
- NO WARRANTIES: We make no warranties (express, statutory or implied), on the Goods or use of the Goods, which are in an early stage of development and experimental. This disclaimer of warranties includes, but is not limited to, any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, accuracy of data, or infringement of intellectual property rights of a third party. In short – you understand that the Goods are being offered to you in advance of their commercial release solely to allow us to test the Goods, that they may not function as expected, and you should not rely on the Goods for any purpose.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: We and our employees, officers, representatives, service providers, suppliers, licensors, and agents are not liable under any circumstances for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, consequential or any other type of damages arising from or in any way connected with or related to your use of the Goods or inability to use the Goods. This includes actions in contract, tort, or otherwise. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Goods is to stop using the Goods.
- INDEMNIFICATION: To the extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Ubiety Technologies, Inc. and its service providers, licensors and suppliers, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of all claims, actions, lawsuits and any other legal action brought by any third party arising from or relating to your use of the Goods.
- HOW WE MAY CONTACT YOU: You understand that we are testing the Goods for, among other things, their usefulness during a security alarm event in a home. You understand and agree that if one of our third party partners provides you security monitoring services, you may be contacted as part of their response to such an alarm event. Accordingly, you agree that we or your third party security monitoring company may contact you using any method that you provide including by phone, email, or text message (SMS/MMS). You further agree that any calls or messages sent to numbers you provide us may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system. You may receive up to three messages per alarm event. Message and data rates may apply. You may unsubscribe at any time by the methods stated in the initial phone, email, or text message (SMS/MMS).
- OWNERSHIP OF GOODS: You understand that we have provided you access to the Goods only for the purpose of this field trial, which you agree will take place solely in your home at the address you have given us. You retain no ownership interest in the Goods, and will return them at the conclusion of the field trial if asked to do so. You will not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse-compile or reverse-engineer, or otherwise tamper with the Goods. You shall notify us immediately if the Goods are stolen or otherwise used in an unauthorized manner. We reserve all rights at law and equity to proceed against anyone who uses the Goods illegally or improperly or otherwise violates our intellectual property rights. The copyrights, trade secrets, intellectual property, and all other rights, titles, and interests in the Goods at all times remain the exclusive property of Ubiety Technologies, Inc.
- LEGALITY: You are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any applicable laws when you use the Goods, including but not limited to any laws requiring notice to third parties, or informed consent of third parties with respect to your use of the Goods.
- NO AGENCY: Nothing in this agreement shall be construed to create a partnership, joint venture, agency, or employment relationship between you and Ubiety Technologies, Inc.
RIGHT TO TERMINATE: You understand that participation as a Beta User is optional and you have the right to withdraw from this field trial at any time, and for any purpose, without penalty. Similarly, we have the right to terminate the Beta User Program at any time, in our sole discretion.