Machine Learning / Software Engineer
Cloud - Data
Remote / Office
Ubiety Technologies, Inc is dedicated to developing innovative security products that improve the safety and security of communities and homes. We offer a fast paced, highly collaborative, startup environment where you will be inventing and developing transformative products to improve the lives of our customers. You will be working alongside extremely talented engineers and creative designers from inception through delivery of a revolutionary product.
We are seeking a Machine Learning / Software Engineer who thrives in a fast paced environment and is passionate about creating a world class customer experience. This opportunity requires experience in machine learning and backend engineering spanning Python, AWS, and API design. You will be responsible for building data products from research through production model pipelines that power our latest home awareness and security product. The ideal candidate is motivated by developing software to solve complex problems, is always reading up on the latest technologies as it relates to machine learning and is passionate about building quality technology as well as achieving operational excellence. If you are committed to teamwork, hustle, and learning you will thrive in this role.
The most important characteristics for this role are aptitude, a passion to learn, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. While we do not prioritize years of experience or educational pedigree, preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products. The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high-quality products and features in a hyper-growth environment where priorities can shift quickly. The candidate will have a strong OO design and implementation experience as well as excellent Python coding ability. The candidate will have demonstrated excellence and mastery of knowledge in natural language processing, recommendation systems, supervised learning, unsupervised learning, statistics, and deep learning. Working knowledge of API design, Flask, FastAPI, Postgres, Elastic search, Cassandra, Firebase, S3 and has experience in deploying backend software to AWS compute resources such as Lambda, ECS, etc. Experience developing software in a modern DevOps environment that leverages Git, unit testing, and Continuous Integration will be particularly useful in this role.
We’re a small company, we don’t have rigid roles, and we have a lot to do- we can help you grow wherever your interests take you.
What You'll Be Doing
- Create new machine learning pipelines within our ecosystem
- Build out monitoring systems for assessing how well models are doing in production and if performance is drifting
- Create frameworks for various supervised and unsupervised problems
- Run statistical analysis on behavior of customers
- Research and gleam insight from networking data protocols
- Write, audit, and improve our test coverage
- Train new team members
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (demonstrable past work products may be considered for candidates without a Bachelor’s degree)
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and deductive problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in developing backend software services and features with deep experience in Python and AWS.
- Experience building and deploying supervised, unsupervised, recommendation, and statistical models
- Experience working with large volume and velocity data
- Experience monitoring production models
- Strong natural language processing and structured data experience
- Ability to take theory and turn around and create working solutions in code
- Strong communications skills, work ethic, aptitude, and passion to learn
- Experience with best practices related to infrastructure as code, networking, disaster recovery
- We're looking for someone who is comfortable with a fast-moving environment and can learn quickly