DevOps / Security Engineer
Cloud - Infrastructure
Remote / Office
Ubiety Technologies, Inc is dedicated to developing innovative security products that improve the safety and security of communities and homes. We offer a fast paced, highly collaborative, startup environment where you will be inventing and developing transformative products to improve the lives of our customers. You will be working alongside extremely talented engineers and creative designers from inception through delivery of a revolutionary product.
We are seeking a DevOps / SecurityEngineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about creating a world class customer experience. This opportunity requires experience in backend engineering spanning Python, AWS, infra as code, and best security practices. You will be responsible for creating deployment strategies, keeping critical infrastructure up and running, and fortifying cloud security.The ideal candidate is motivated by developing software to solve complex problems, is always reading up on the latest technologies as it relates to infrastructure and cloud engineering and is passionate about building quality technology as well as achieving operational excellence. If you are committed to teamwork, hustle, and learning you will thrive in this role.
The most important characteristics for this role are aptitude, a passion to learn, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. While we do not prioritize years of experience or educational pedigree, preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products. The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high-quality products and features in a hyper-growth environment where priorities can shift quickly. The candidate will have a strong OO design and implementation experience as well as excellentPython coding ability. Working knowledge of API design, Flask, FastAPI, Postgres, Elastic search, Cassandra, Firebase, S3 and has experience in deploying backend software to AWS compute resources such as Lambda, ECS, etc. It is a bonus if the candidate also has had data engineering experience building out data pipelines and robust consumption layers of various high variety data repositories. Experience developing software in a modern DevOps environment that leverages Git, unit testing, and Continuous Integration will be particularly useful in this role.
We’re a small company, we don’t have rigid roles, and we have a lot to do- we can help you grow wherever your interests take you.
What You'll Be Doing
- Create turnkey deployment strategies for Software Engineers
- Develop robust data consumption and storage services for high volume, velocity, and variety data
- Scale our deployment and provisioning of new services as they integrate into our larger ecosystem
- Fortify our cloud security with best practices
- Train new team members
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (demonstrable past work products may be considered for candidates without a Bachelor’s degree)
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and deductive problem-solving skills
- Strong Gitlab, DevOps Pipelining, Docker, and deployment orchestration skills are required.
- Experience with AWS CDK
- Ability to assess and forecast load for critical components of infrastructure and verify scalability / performance tune
- Experience building out big data pipelines
- Strong communications skills, work ethic, aptitude, and passion to learn
- Experience with best practices related to infrastructure as code, networking, disaster recovery
- We're looking for someone who is comfortable with a fast-moving environment and can learn quickly